EXPLORE APPS AND INTEGRATIONS FOR ARENA
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional Integration
Make Design Processes Efficient and Ensure Product Accuracy
Provided by XPLM
Engineering Design Tools
Connects to these systems:
- Arena > Target System
- Target System > Arena
Collaborating with today’s dispersed design teams introduces risk when moving from team-level engineering design to the larger released product record and manufacturing. Design teams utilize SOLIDWORKS work-in-progress (WIP) tools to ensure engineers do not step on each other’s toes during early design. Once the individual designs are mature enough, they need to be incorporated into the full product design with other mechanical, electrical, software, and documentation components. With Arena–XPLM Integration for SOLIDWORKS, teams have an automated and easy process that reduces errors and accelerates the NPI process.
The Arena–XPLM Integration for SOLIDWORKS provides design teams with the ability to create and publish parts, BOMs, and files from within SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional (PDMP) to Arena. SOLIDWORKS PDM users publish the engineering BOM and configurable file types such as PDF, STEP, or CAD data to Arena. All integration activities can be accessed in SOLIDWORKS PDMP using the workflow, tasks, menus, and data cards.
- Ensure operations team feedback early in the design process, in support of design for manufacturing (DFM) framework
- Reduce onboarding and training time by removing the need to learn how to duplicate same or similar tasks in multiple systems
- Support business needs with configuration options for publishing part data based on design scenarios
- Eliminate the risks of data entry errors
- Ensure everyone is working from the same, most current product record and associated files
- User Interface in SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional - Publish by event or on-demand to Arena
- Publish a new part and BOMs from SOLIDWORKS PDMP to Arena
- Support of SOLIDWORKS PDMP configurations
- Publish derived files (MS Office, PDF, STEP, other configurable file types) from SOLIDWORKS PDMP to Arena, associating these file(s) to related parts in Arena
Services and Support:
Sales, implementation and configuration services, and on-going support and maintenance of any integration / app is provided by the provider listed below. All queries regarding purchase and support of the integration solution should be directed to the provider.
Arena Licensing Needed:
API calls, Output User License
Arena Worlds / Modules Required:
Product Record - BOMs, Items, Changes, Files
Supports Arena GovCloud?
Other System Requirements:
XPLM is a globally operating PLM solution provider specializing in integrating applications, processes, data, and information for optimum cross-domain collaboration between engineers. With its unique portfolio, XPLM integrates leading PLM, MCAD, ECAD, SysML, ERP, Office, Requirements Management, and ALM/software tools.
Areas of Expertise:
As you move from research to evaluation to deployment, Arena provides a customer experience to help you get the most value from our PLM and QMS solutions.