EXPLORE APPS AND INTEGRATIONS FOR ARENA
Arena – SAP ERP Integration
Accurate Product Information for Accurate Business Decisions
Provided by PROSTEP
ERP / MRP
Connects to these systems:
- Arena > Target System
The OpenPDM® Connector for Arena and SAP accelerates new product introduction (NPI) while reducing expenses, increasing profitability, and speeding time to market.
How it Works
ERP Exchange works with the OpenPDM Connector for Arena and SAP to automate the transfer of released product record information from Arena to your SAP system.
- Arena ERP Exchange is configured and scheduled to export product record information (e.g., BOM, change order, item master, and manufacturing part information) when a change order is released
- ERP Exchange packages the affected product record into a PDX package (XML format) and notifies the Arena PLM Integration Monitor that the changed data has been transferred
- The OpenPDM Connector for Arena and SAP receives the PDX package, validates, and updates it in SAP
- Rapid and Secure: Proven best-practice integration services; Secure deployment that works with existing corporate firewall configurations
- Time to Market: Streamlines the transfer of product record information to SAP
- Cost and Error Reduction: Eliminates errors and inefficiencies associated with manual data entry, allowing impacted business users to focus on more strategic core competencies
- Solution creates and modifies the following information in SAP: Material master, Bills of material (BOM), Plant specific information, Valuation information, Engineering change master (ECM), Document information records including BOM
- Automated: When a product is released in Arena, the PROSTEP Connector transfers the data automatically without user intervention. This eliminates delays and errors in data synchronization between Arena and SAP.
- Operations Support: The integration supports your operations processes with future effectivity and materials disposition per item.
- Scalability: As an option, this integration supports multiple target ERP systems.
- Validation, Audit Trail, and Error Management
Services and Support:
Sales, implementation and configuration services, and on-going support and maintenance of any integration / app is provided by the provider listed below. All queries regarding purchase and support of the integration solution should be directed to the provider.
Arena ERP Exchange
Arena Licensing Needed:
Output User License
Arena Worlds / Modules Required:
Product Record - BOMs, Items, Suppliers, Changes
Supports Arena GovCloud?
Other System Requirements:
Includes support for SAP S/4 HANA on-premise, self-hosted, or private cloud hosted by cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure)
SAP S/4 HANA Public Cloud not currently supported
PROSTEP specializes in commercial applications to facilitate system interoperability for the international manufacturing industry. Our specialists have in-depth knowledge of the various development domains and are accustomed to thinking outside the box, thus enabling us to find the ideal solution for you. PROSTEP developed the OpenPDM Solution Family to connect, integrate, and migrate PLM systems. OpenPDM, the foundation of this integration, is the world’s leading solution for synchronizing and migrating PLM data and processes in a wide variety of application scenarios and domains. Our solution competence and our products also enable us to provide you with the support you require for designing and optimizing your internal and crossenterprise processes.
Areas of Expertise:
- ERP / MRP
As you move from research to evaluation to deployment, Arena provides a customer experience to help you get the most value from our PLM and QMS solutions.