Arena Solutions Drives 77 Percent Growth in New Customer Subscriptions During 2013
Foster City, Calif., Feb 4 - Growth Especially Strong in Mid-Market and Enterprise Segments, with Average Initial Deal Size for That Market Segment Nearly Tripling in Q4
Arena Solutions, the pioneer of cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) applications, today reported on its fiscal year 2013 financial performance, which featured robust growth, including a 77 percent leap in new customer subscriptions year-over-year.
Growth within the mid-market and enterprise sectors was particularly strong. During the fourth quarter, the average deal size for these transactions nearly tripled from Q4 2012 compared to Q4 2013. The company’s average deal size for all market segments more than doubled from Q4 2012 to Q4 2013, and grew by 62 percent from Q3 2013 to Q4 2013 alone.
“We saw a huge uptick in our mid-market and enterprise business this year, and it played a significant role in our exceptional overall growth for 2013,” said Craig Livingston, CEO of Arena. “Larger companies have been impressed with our rapid pace of innovation and with the breadth of PLM solutions we offer. In fact, we increased the size of our services organization by 33 percent to support all our new mid-market and enterprise customers.”
Additionally, in the fourth quarter, Arena’s mid-market and enterprise growth accelerated as the result of the launch of four new products:
- Arena Demand, which provides manufacturers with visibility into their parts inventory to calculate aggregated component needs for their entire product portfolio so they can better negotiate with their suppliers and contract manufacturers;
- Arena Projects, which connects the project schedule directly to the product record to increase visibility and accountability for new product introductions, quality improvement processes, and cost reduction projects;
- Arena Exchange, which offers OEMs a secure, flexible and traceable environment for collaboration with multiple users at different supplier levels throughout their global supply chain; and
- Arena API, which expands the information value chain captured in Arena PLM by allowing customers to easily integrate their enterprise application infrastructure with Arena PLM.
“These new products provide improved visibility for all of our customers, enabling them to aggregate parts across products so they can save money through bulk orders, to integrate Arena with ERP and other systems, and to monitor the progress of projects,” said Steve Chalgren, Arena’s vice president of product management and strategy. “But we also had the needs of the mid-market and the enterprise top of mind as we developed these new products. Given our tremendous growth in that segment, we clearly struck a chord.”
Some of the companies that selected Arena over competing products during 2013 include:
• Actifio: Pioneered the first storage system optimized for managing copies of production data, eliminating redundant silos of IT infrastructure and data management applications
• Dropcam: Provides a cloud-based Wi-Fi video monitoring service
• eSight Corporation: Designs energy management software
• Intermolecular: Delivers a proprietary approach to accelerate research and development, innovation, and time-to-market for the semiconductor and clean energy industries
• IndigoVision: Manufactures IP video security solutions for airports, ports, rail, traffic, cities, retail, banking, mining, education, casinos, police, prisons and government.
• Lyve Mind: Provides a complete mobile solution to view, protect, and share personal photos and videos
• Mentor Graphics Corporation: Provides electronic design automation
• Solantro Semiconductor Inc.: Provides highly integrated semiconductor chipset-based solutions
Life Sciences and Medical Devices
• Harmar Mobility LLC: Develops products that help people increase mobility, independence, and quality of life accessibility
• Healthspot: Provides a self-service kiosk solution that supports the dispensing of prescription and over-the-counter medications
• Kona Medical: Develops an innovative and non-invasive therapy for treatment of hypertension
• Recor Medical: Develops a unique therapeutic non-focused ultrasound system for performing renal denervation in patients with resistant hypertension
Manufacturing and Industrial
• 4Moms: Designs and manufacturers innovative baby products using robotics technology
• Cognex Corporation: Makes machine vision and barcode readers
• Comau: Specializes in body welding & assembly, powertrain machining & assembly, robotics & maintenance as well as environmental services for a wide range of industrial sectors
• GFS Corporation: Develops systems that allow large, high horsepower diesel engines to operate on a combination of natural gas and diesel fuel
• Ketra Inc.: Develops innovative solutions in the field of Solid State Lighting
• LMG Holdings: Manufactures ignition interlock devices for restricted driving programs
• Manitowoc Food Service: Manufactures, sells, supports and services food equipment around the world, including the Frymaster
• Michigan Industrial Tool: Makes hand tools for independent hardware and lumber stores, automotive centers, and farm supply stores
• Starline SPA LLC: Manufactures automotive safety products, including car alarms, immobilizers, and GPS units
• WattStopper: Makes energy efficient lighting controls for commercial and residential use
“In 2013, Arena significantly increased the breadth of its already extensive line of products and experienced tremendous growth within the mid-market and enterprise,” Livingston said. “Expect to see even more innovation and growth this year.”
About Arena Solutions
Arena pioneered cloud PLM applications. The company’s products, including Arena PLM, Exchange, and PartsList, enable engineering and manufacturing teams and their extended supply chains to speed prototyping, reduce scrap, and streamline supply chain management. Arena cloud PLM applications simplify bill of materials and change management for companies of all sizes, and offer the right balance of flexibility and control at every point in the product lifecycle—from prototype to full-scale production. Based in Foster City, Calif., Arena has been ranked as a Top 10 PLM solution and Top 5 Supplier Collaboration solution. Arena also holds a spot on the San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work List for 2013.