Arena Solutions Reports Record Year with 41 Percent Growth in New Bookings
Foster City, Calif., Mar 20 - Arena Solutions, the leading provider of on-demand product lifecycle management (PLM) software for manufacturers of all sizes, today reported a jump in new bookings of 30 percent for the fourth quarter and 41 percent for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2007. In 2007, many groundbreaking manufacturers adopted Arena PLM, noting the software
In 2007, high-performing companies from the medical, automotive, electronics, and consumer products industries, including many of the small- to medium-sized manufacturers that are shaking up their markets with their innovations, continued choosing to adopt Arena PLM.
Among those that joined are:
- Novare Surgical Systems, which develops, manufactures and markets devices for tissue manipulation during cardiovascular, thoracic and peripheral vascular surgery. Novare Surgical has developed RealHand instruments, an entirely new category of high dexterity instruments for minimally invasive surgery, which are the very first full range-of-motion hand-held laparoscopic instruments.
- MathStar, a fabless semiconductor company that designs, manufactures and markets a new class of programmable logic chips that offer up to four times the performance of what is currently on the market today.
- VUDU Inc., creators of the VUDU box and service that give consumers instant access to thousands of standard and high definition movies directly through their TV, without requiring them to invest in cable TV service, a satellite subscription, a PC, or any software downloads.
In 2007, Arena Solutions continued to get customers up and running quickly, with the average customer deployment taking just nine weeks. Yakima, a world leader in the design and manufacture of destination hardware and gear management solutions, implemented Arena PLM in nine weeks. NDS Surgical Imaging, the global leader in surgical and medical visualization equipment, implemented and validated Arena PLM with a full automated integration to its ERP system in just 12 weeks.
"We are very pleased with Arena PLM. Once we began using it on a daily basis we found our ramp-up time to be much faster than expected. In fact, within just a few days of going live, all of our regular, and most of our occasional, users were logging in, conducting their business, and moving on to other tasks, using Arena PLM as if they had been using it for months instead of days," said Ron Hansen, chief technology officer and vice president of engineering at NDS Surgical Imaging, LLC.
Other significant highlights of 2007:
- Arena Solutions surpassed its 99.5% guaranteed service level agreement for Arena PLM for the seventh consecutive quarter, maintaining 99.99% availability in the fourth quarter of 2007.
- Several honors were bestowed on the company in 2007. Start-IT Magazine named Arena Solutions one of the "Hottest Companies of 2007" and one of the "Top 50 Manufacturing Technologies" of the year. In addition, Supply and Demand Chain Executive Magazine selected co-founder and former CEO Michael Topolovac as a 2007 Supply & Demand Chain Executive "Pro to Know" and included Arena Solutions in its "Top 100" list, which honors vendors that are leading the way in transforming companies' supply and demand chains.
- Arena Solutions delivered two new major software releases, its 48th and 49th software releases in seven years. Fall '07 incorporated customer-inspired enhancements and usability improvements across all core functional areas, including change management, compliance, outsourcing and supplier management, project collaboration and more. Winter '07 introduced new project collaboration functionality that gives customers an unprecedented level of visibility into their product-related projects. As always, the on-demand delivery model enabled Arena PLM customers to take advantage of those enhancements the day they were rolled out and allowed them to continue focusing on their own innovation, rather than on upgrade installations, expensive and risky migration projects, customizations, or IT infrastructure.
"Arena had another exceptional year of strong, positive growth in 2007. As significant changes occurred in the competitive environment, Arena Solutions maintained its status as the only true on-demand PLM player serving the small- to mid-sized manufacturing market," said Craig Livingston, chief executive officer of Arena Solutions. "Having recently taken over leadership of the company, I am enthusiastic about building upon the company's long list of successes and see a great deal of positive growth in store for Arena in 2008, as we take advantage of changes in the market, develop deeper integrations between Arena PLM and other software, and continue to serve our customers by adding new functionality to the award-winning Arena PLM software."