Arena Kicks Off 2011 with 24% Increase in Subscription Sales
Foster City, Calif., Apr 29 - Arena Solutions, a provider of on-demand bill of materials (BOM) and change management software for small and mid-size manufacturers, today announced an increase in subscription sales of 24% for the quarter ending March 31, 2011, as compared to the same period one year earlier. Helping drive that growth were strong sales to new customers and continued expansion among existing customers, with a net renewal rate of 109%. Expansion of usage among customers signed the previous year was particularly strong
The strong first-quarter performance again demonstrates the value Arena bill of materials (BOM) and change management software provides for companies in the high-tech electronics, clean technology and medical device industries. Whether they’re just starting out, returning to strength or maintaining their advantage, companies trying to succeed in this era of cautious optimism and careful growth have little room for mistakes when it comes to execution. Arena is the ideal solution for such companies, who need a better tool than Excel to manage their product information and who can’t afford any interruption to their ongoing product design and manufacturing processes.
“It’s great to start 2011 with a strong showing in all key area: subscription sales, customer adoption and renewals,” said Craig Livingston, chief executive officer of Arena Solutions. “Once again I have to tip my hat to an impressive group of new customers, whose cutting-edge products are doing holographic imaging, high-performance solar power, health monitoring from afar and much more. We welcomed an impressive group of new employees in the first quarter too—even the ones who are just weeks on the job are already making a significant contribution. Between the optimistic manufacturing climate and the energy in the building (not to mention some exciting items on our roadmap for this year), I’m thrilled by the prospect of what’s ahead for Arena in 2011.”
Among the companies that chose Arena in Q1 2011 are:
- Argus Imaging, the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of X-ray imaging solutions for medical, dental and industrial applications and one of the original pioneers of X-ray image intensifiers for medical imaging. Today Argus Imaging designs and manufactures customized solutions based on X-ray image intensifiers, X-ray imaging subsystems and scintillators.
- BAM Labs, which has developed a system that enables caregivers to monitor patient health remotely using a biometric sensor and an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android.
- Infinite Z, Inc., developer of interactive 3D holographic imaging systems for use in the CAD/CAM/CAE, energy, scientific visualization and health care markets.
- Nautilus, Inc., which manufactures and markets a complete line of innovative health and fitness products under the Nautilus®, Bowflex®, Schwinn® Fitness and Universal® brands.
- SquareUp, which is a credit card payment services company whose core product turns iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and Androids into digital credit card readers.
- SunPower Corp. (Nasdaq: SPWRA, SPWRB), which designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company’s experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment.
- Virident Systems, whose enterprise-class solutions improve the performance, reliability and serviceability of storage class memory (SCM) applications used in data centers and cloud computing deployments.
- Virtual Instruments, which provides award-winning storage area network (SAN) and virtual infrastructure performance optimization solutions.
- Zuvo Water LLC, developer of a patented water filtration system that brings chemical-free water into homes as well as military and emergency/disaster relief solutions.
Also in Q1 2011, Arena surpassed its 99.5% service level agreement for the 20th consecutive quarter, with 99.9% scheduled uptime in Q1 2011 and a continued focus on delivering the most secure and reliable collaborative BOM and change management solution available.