The Manufacturing Mandate has a plan to jumpstart growth
The revitalization of U.S. manufacturing is a top concern for the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT), which is proposing a “comprehensive national strategy” to help jumpstart U.S. economic growth. Dubbed the Manufacturing Mandate, this strategy has six principles:
- Provide incentives and funding for innovation and research in new products and manufacturing technologies;
- Assure the availability of capital to qualified manufacturers;
- Enhance global competitiveness by improving U.S. export control policies;
- Minimize structural costs by providing tax breaks to manufacturers and encouraging them to invest in new technology;
- Promote stronger collaboration between government, industry and academia;
- Build a better educated and trained “smartforce” to help implement these changes.
To learn more about the AMT’s Manufacturing Mandate, read the press release on Manufacturing.net.