bom.com Launches New Partner Program
Alliances with Industry Leaders Help Unify the Design and Manufacturing Supply Chain throughout the Product Lifecycle
Foster City, Calif., December 9, 2002 — bom.com, a leading provider of online product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions, today launched the bom.com partner program. The program is designed to help customers maximize the value they receive from their PLM investments through strategic alliances between bom.com and industry-leading organizations. bom.com has launched the program along with new partnerships with ASP.com, Cadence Design Systems, Digi-Key, eFunda, ENGINEERING.com, Thomas Register and TRUSTe. These new alliances, in addition to existing strategic relationships with IDEO, QAD and SolidWorks, help bom.com unify the design and manufacturing supply chain for its customers.Partner companies participate in the program in a range of capacities - from linking their solutions with the bom.com application to providing strategic input into the bom.com PLM platform. When customers use the standards-based, web-native bom.com application to manage the complex relationships that define their products, they gain access to a PLM system that can integrate seamlessly with mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD), electronic design automation (EDA) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools. Other types of partnerships ensure that customers benefit from a secure, reliable foundation for the application; easy, timely access to part and supplier information from within the bom.com application; and use of a PLM solution designed with strategic input from design and manufacturing leaders.
bom.com partners in the program benefit from activities like joint sales and marketing programs, early access to new versions of the bom.com application, increased awareness among the bom.com customer base, dedicated technical support and strategic consulting on combining their solutions with the bom.com PLM product. Those wishing to learn more about the bom.com partner program or obtain information on how to become a bom.com partner should visit the bom.com website at www.arenasolutions.com/partners/index.html.
bom.com has formed several categories of partnerships - Integration, Solution, Infrastructure, Content, Referral and Consulting - to enhance its ability to support customers’ product development needs:
- Integration - bom.com collaborates with Integration partners so that the bom.com application works easily with other design and manufacturing applications to help streamline product development processes. Integration partners include Cadence Design Systems and SolidWorks. To help ensure standards-based interoperability between the bom.com application and Cadence design technologies, bom.com has joined the Cadence Connections Program.
- Solution - bom.com collaborates with Solution partners to extend its powerful PLM functionality to customers of those companies. The first Solution partner is QAD.
- Infrastructure - Infrastructure partners help ensure that the hosted bom.com application is built on a secure, reliable platform. The first Infrastructure partner to join the program is TRUSTe. Through the partnership, bom.com has earned the TRUSTe Privacy Seal, demonstrating its commitment to customer privacy and security.
- Content - Content partners give customers easier access to part and supplier information from within the bom.com application. Content partners include Thomas Register and Digi-Key.
- Referral - bom.com Referral partners offer the bom.com application through online and other distribution channels to provide a PLM resource to their users. Referral partners include ASP.com, eFunda and ENGINEERING.com.
- Consulting - bom.com teams with Consulting partners to ensure that the bom.com application meets the needs of design and manufacturing organizations now and in the future. The first consulting partner to join the program is IDEO.
“As the primary system of record for product data, a PLM application is uniquely positioned not only to manage information that previously had to be handled manually, but also to comprehend related data from disparate systems like MCAD, EDA and ERP tools,” said Michael Topolovac, CEO of bom.com. “bom.com goes one step further with its web-native architecture, which facilitates standards-based information exchange across these systems. bom.com customers gain not only a centralized view of their product information, but also access to an online PLM system that will continue to scale to meet their needs. Partnerships are a critical piece of this ongoing evolution, and we’re pleased to have so many well-respected organizations helping us offer a more complete PLM solution. We welcome them all as bom.com partners.”
About Arena Solutions
For over a decade, Arena has been redefining PLM with a suite of cloud applications that enable engineering, manufacturing and their extended supply chains to work better together—from first prototype to full-scale production. Arena helps innovative manufacturers bring better products to market faster with cloud PLM offerings that speed prototyping, reduce scrap and help manufacturers collaborate on product changes with strategic partners across the globe.
Arena cloud PLM products simplify bill of materials (BOM) and change management, and offer manufacturers the right balance of flexibility and control—at every point in the product lifecycle. PartsList and PDXViewer are lightweight single-user applications that allow manufacturers to move quickly and efficiently while designing, documenting and sharing a prototype. When scaling to production and beyond, the Arena core application provides full PLM functionality so manufacturers can control revisions, manage the engineering change process and selectively share accurate, up-to-date BOMs with partners, suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Founded in February 2000, Arena Solutions is headquartered in Foster City, California.
To learn more about Arena Solutions:
- Visit the Arena Solutions website.
- Read the Arena blog on product design, development and manufacturing.
- Follow @arenasolutions on Twitter.
- Follow Arena on LinkedIn.