Arena Solutions Reports Q307 as the Most Successful Bookings Quarter for On-Demand Arena PLM in the
Foster City, Calif., Oct 31 - Arena Solutions, the leading provider of on-demand product lifecycle management (PLM) software for manufacturers of all sizes, today announced Q307 as the most successful bookings quarter in the company
Arena Solutions delivered exceptionally strong year-over-year growth of 38% percent, outpacing current growth expectations for PLM vendors, and a remarkable 43% quarter over quarter growth in sales to new customers. During the quarter, electronics, medical device, and innovative auto and automotive supply chain companies topped the list of those adopting Arena PLM. These companies selected Arena PLM for its on-demand advantage, which provides a quick return on investment and makes the software easy to install, maintain and use, without any increase in IT spending.
“Aberdeen’s ‘Profitable Product Development for SME’ benchmark indicates that Best-in-Class small to mid-size manufacturers are more than twice as likely to leverage PLM technologies and get products to market 22% faster than average companies,” said Jim Brown, vice president and group director of product innovation and engineering research at the Aberdeen Group. “Arena PLM offers companies an alternative deployment option for PLM by providing an on-demand application to improve product innovation, product development, and engineering performance without the need to implement a new application in-house.”
Arena Solutions expanded its international presence to more customers across the world, from Canada, the Netherlands, and Australia in addition to growing its solid base of American companies who have adopted Arena PLM. A sampling of the customers, who chose Arena PLM this quarter, includes:
- Canada-based ZENN Motor Company, a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of innovative zero-emission, electric vehicles. The company is focused on delivering quality transportation solutions that positively impact our environment and greatly reduce operating costs.
- California-based VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: VNUS), a leading provider of medical devices for the minimally invasive treatment of symptomatic venous reflux disease. Their proprietary closure system was proven as effective as vein stripping, the historical standard for treatment, with fewer side effects and faster recovery.
- Oregon-based Yakima, a world leader in the design and manufacture of destination hardware and gear management solutions that help outdoor activists do what they love.
- New Jersey-based DVTel, a pioneer and a dominant market player in the creation, development, and delivery of Multi-source Intelligence Systems over IP networks.
“We’re challenging people’s preconceptions of electric vehicles by delivering the right mix of quality, durability, comfort and satisfaction in our zero-emission, no noise cars. We’re using Arena PLM to help us control the mass of information that goes along with this effort, accelerate our time to market, and manage our network of outsourcing partners,” said Ian Clifford, founder and CEO of ZENN Motor Company.
Other significant highlights of Q3 2007:
- The company delivered its new Arena PLM Fall ’07 release, incorporating customer-inspired functionality across all core functional areas. Delivering constant innovation through its on-demand platform, Fall ’07 represents the 49th release of significant new functionality in seven-years.
- Arena Solutions yet again surpassed its 99.5% guaranteed service level agreement for Arena PLM for the sixth consecutive quarter maintaining 99.99% availability.
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine named Arena Solutions as one of the top 100 vendors leading the way in transforming companies’ supply and demand chains.
“Business has never been better than right now, with sales of our software growing in all directions,” said Michael Topolovac, chief executive officer of Arena Solutions. “We’re benefiting from our target market becoming more aware of the advantages attached to the on-demand (SaaS) platform for PLM, and recognizing Arena Solutions as the only neutral and truly effective PLM vendor serving small-to-medium-sized manufacturers.”