Register for Upcoming Forum on Best Practices in Manufacturing Outsourcing from Arena Solutions/Symp
Foster City, Calif., Sep 27 - TITLE Manufacturing Outsourcing Forum: A Best Practices Session WHEN 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pacific, Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 WHERE Sheraton-Faz, 1108 N. Mathilda Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA FOR Operations, engineering, product management, and finance professionals at original equipment manufacturers—primarily small or mid-size—who are directly involved with or impacted by manufacturing...
Manufacturing Outsourcing Forum: A Best Practices Session
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pacific, Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007
Sheraton-Faz, 1108 N. Mathilda Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA
Operations, engineering, product management, and finance professionals at original equipment manufacturers—primarily small or mid-size—who are directly involved with or impacted by manufacturing outsourcing and who wish to gain greater control of their current efforts.
- Bijan Dastmalchi, co-founder and president of Symphony Consulting, Inc., a Silicon Valley consulting firm specializing in manufacturing outsourcing and supply chain management.
- John Holton, principal of Symphony Consulting, has more than 20 years of experience in strategic procurement, materials, and supply chain management.
- Mark Holman, senior vice president of operations ands strategic development at Arena Solutions, the leading provider of on-demand product lifecycle management (PLM) software.
Event registration is now closed.
Please use the following Arena promotion code (ARN1017) for a discount of $100 off the registration fee.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Tanya Ridpath, (540) 831-5800 or email@example.com
The outsourced manufacturing model utilized by virtually all original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the electronics industry carries with it both risks and rewards. Planned and executed correctly, outsourcing can lead to reduced overhead, lower cost, faster time to market, and reduced inventory levels. This all day best practices forum on manufacturing outsourcing is a 50/50 combination of short presentations from supply chain experts, as well as interactive dialogue among the participants through facilitated open discussion sessions. Arena Solutions and Symphony Consulting will cover the following:
- Key considerations in selecting the right contract manufacturer
- Preparing the request for proposal for maximum visibility into the contending contract manufacturers' capabilities for decision making purposes
- Tools and methodologies for analyzing a contract manufacturer's quotation and cost structure
- Critical steps in ensuring a successful new product introduction
- Root causes of inventory liability in the supply chain and what to do to reduce exposure
About Symphony Consulting
Symphony Consulting is a Silicon Valley-based company that provides strategic supply chain and manufacturing outsourcing expertise to help high technology companies reach their financial and operational goals. Symphony's strategic consulting services and in-depth workshops on advanced supply chain methodologies show companies how to enhance revenue potential, increase profitability and reduce inventory liability. Contact Symphony Consulting at (650) 968-1930 or visit www.symphonyconsult.com.