Files Class Recording
Files can be managed from the Files World or the Files view of other BOMControl objects, like Items and Changes. This video shows all views and subviews of File objects, including corrections and recent activity. After watching this video, users will understand how to store and revise files in BOMControl, as well as associate them with Items, Changes, Requests, and more. Users will also understand best practices for collaborating on Files, like using markups and the checkout command. Common questions like the difference between updating a File Edition or creating a new Edition, and types of File associations will also be covered.
- BOMs Overview (3:05 min)
- Viewing BOM Redlines (1:47 min)
- Importing Items (8:08 min)
- Creating an Item (2:18 min)
- Viewing PDX Files from BOMControl (2:45 min) NEW!
- Installing and Using Arena PartSaver (3:08 min) NEW!
- Opening Files Associated with an Item (3:21 min)
- Search for Items in Arena (3:24 min)
- Checklist: Creating a Change
- Administrator Checklist for the Arena Summer ’11 Release
- Tips & Hints for Sharing Items with Suppliers
- Tips & Hints for Creating New Items
- Tips & Hints for File Management
- Tips & Hints for Compliance Management
- Negative, Fractional, and Zero Quantity BOM Items
- Fix a Mistake by Correcting a Locked File Edition