Arena's Broader Product Footprint Drives Q4 Growth of 38%
Arena’s Growth Accelerated Significantly in FY 2014; Existing Customers Helped the Record Year with a Net Retention Rate of 112 Percent
Foster City, Calif., Jan 28 - Arena Solutions, the pioneer of cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) applications, today announced strong year-over-year growth from Q4 2013 to Q4 2014, with subscriptions increasing by 38%, capping off another record year for the company.
For the entire fiscal year 2014, new customer subscriptions grew by 76% year over year.
Arena’s continued investment in the expansion of its product offering, especially over the past 18 months, helped drive this increase, with new deal size growing to record levels and a net retention rate for FY 2014 of 112 percent (net retention rate reflects annual customer renewals, fewer cancellations, plus expansion). A sampling of Arena’s new products over the last 18 months includes:
- Arena DataExtract: Enables customers to extract all process data to a standard, flat file format, which can be analyzed downstream using a variety of customer analytic tools, from relatively simple spreadsheet applications to highly sophisticated business intelligence and analytics platforms;
- Arena Scribe: Provides customers an easy-to-use collaboration platform that delivers a real-time commenting page available on any Arena Item, Change, Request, Supplier, Supplier Item, File, Project or Quality process, all presented in a familiar ‘social’ user experience;
- Arena Quality: Enables all stakeholders, including the extended supply chain, to participate in the quality process, which is embedded in the PLM solution and is tied directly to the product record;
- Arena Demand: Allows manufacturers to forecast visibility into their parts inventory and calculate aggregated component needs across their entire product portfolio, letting them better negotiate with their suppliers and contract manufacturers;
- Arena Projects: Connects the project schedule directly to the product record to increase transparency and accountability for new product introductions, quality improvement processes and cost reduction projects;
- Arena API: Expands the information value chain captured in Arena PLM by allowing customers to easily integrate their enterprise application infrastructure with Arena PLM; and
- Arena Exchange: Offers OEMs a secure, flexible and traceable environment for collaboration with multiple users at different supplier levels throughout their global supply chain, with no incremental licensing or provisioning charges except for the original initiator.
“We’ve introduced powerful new features over the past 18 months. Our record growth again confirms customer validation of Arena’s expanding footprint which seamlessly integrates to enterprise business systems. Our PLM solution accelerates NPI by harnessing the collaborative efforts of internal teams and supply chains alike.” said Craig Livingston, CEO of Arena. “Not too many years ago our high value feature-set resonated best with the SMB market. Now that we’re beyond feature-parity and still the most affordable, the global enterprise market is responding.”
New customers in Q4 2014 include:
- 3D Robotics is the premiere advanced drone, UAV, multicopter, autopilot and autonomous vehicle control company in the world.
- Aerohive Networks provides a mobility platform that utilizes the cloud and a distributed, controller-less architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified networks that can be cost-effectively deployed.
- Aurrion Inc. leverages the capability and low cost of silicon IC manufacturing while retaining the performance of advanced non-silicon materials to provide a bridge between traditional III-V materials used for photonics and silicon in CMOS compatible platform.
- DAQRI is the world's leading augmented reality developer, providing custom software and creative solutions to clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Echelon Corporation designs control networks to connect machines and other electronic devices, for the purposes of sensing, monitoring and control.
- Hayward Industries is the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment.
- Pulse Secure makes industry-leading solutions to empower seamless mobility via its line of virtual private network, network access control and mobile security products.
- RPC Technologies has been the leading supplier of corrosion resistant, structural FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) fabrications, piping and ducting systems, acid resistant heavy duty linings and specialist composite products for defense.
- Turtle Beach Corporation is a technology company that develops innovative audio products for consumer and commercial markets.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and increasing laboratory productivity.
“2014 was a truly extraordinary year for Arena,” said Ken Bozzini, CFO at Arena Solutions. “Our new modules along with the bundled pricing we’ve created have driven our average deal size to a record level, and our net retention rate clearly demonstrates how well customers have responded to our road map. We have even bigger plans for 2015, so we fully expect to once again beat 2014’s record-setting performance.”
About Arena Solutions
Arena pioneered cloud-based PLM. Arena’s suite of PLM and supply chain solutions enables engineering, manufacturing and their extended supply chains to speed prototyping, reduce scrap, streamline their supply chain, improve margins, and collapse time to market. Arena PLM applications simplify bill of materials (BOM) and change management for companies of all sizes, while offering the right balance of flexibility and control throughout the product lifecycle — from prototype to production. Based in Foster City, Calif., Arena has been ranked as a Top 10 PLM provider and Top 5 Supplier Collaboration solution. Arena also holds a spot on National Association for Business Resources’ "San Francisco’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For" List for 2014.