Arena Doubles Number of New Customers Added in Third Quarter
Foster City, Calif., Oct 29 - Arena Solutions, a provider of on-demand bill of materials (BOM) and change management software for small and mid-size manufacturers, today announced a near doubling in the number of new customers added in the third quarter ending September 30, 2010, as compared to the same period one year earlier. Combined with a 109% net renewal rate among existing customers, the increase in new customers turned this traditionally slow time of year into the best summer quarter in the company
Companies use Arena bill of materials (BOM) and change management software to centralize their product data, capture complete, accurate and up-to-date BOMs and make sure all employees, partners and suppliers have access to the latest information anytime, from anywhere in the world. With robust functionality for controlling revisions and managing the engineering change order (ECO) process, Arena helps companies successfully navigate the new product development (NPD) process and launch their products on time and on budget.
Along with savings that come from faster design cycles, improved efficiencies and a dramatic reduction in scrap, rework and other costly errors, these benefits help companies quickly realize a return on their Arena investment. As in previous quarters, Arena was chosen by companies in a variety of industries, including high-tech electronics, clean technology, medical device and consumer products.
"We're seeing the decision to go with Arena become easier and easier for manufacturers," said Craig Livingston, chief executive officer of Arena Solutions. "Software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions are widely enough used that people understand their economic benefits. What they're increasingly coming to understand is that Arena has also removed the last barrier—we've essentially eliminated the disruption that normally comes from deploying a new system—and there's no longer any good reason to not get their BOMs under control. Up and running on Arena in less than 5 days is a reality; in fact it only takes about 12 hours on average to get a new customer going. That ease is what companies need—and in my opinion it's the reason we've already seen more new companies decide to go with Arena so far this year than we did all of last year."
Among the customers who selected Arena in Q3 2010 are:
- Infineta Systems, a network infrastructure company that offers solutions like the Velocity Dedupe Engine(TM) to reduce enterprise WAN traffic.
- Inforce Computing, which supplies IFC 9400 products and other embedded hardware platforms to support the mobile Internet.
- Micro Power Technologies, developer of power-efficient, wireless video devices used in government, public safety, SMB and commercial markets.
- Storsimple, which offers a local/cloud hybrid storage appliance that improves performance, scalability, manageability and data protection for Microsoft server applications and virtualized environments.
- Symetrica Ltd., whose gamma ray spectroscopy and imaging solutions have been developed for use in medical diagnostics, security applications and space research and development.
- Topcon Medical Laser Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Topcon America Corporation, which offers the PASCAL, Slimline and Streamline laser systems for use in ophthalmologic procedures.
- Virtual Access Ireland Limited, a telecommunications equipment and services company that provides telco and corporate solutions worldwide.
In Q3 2010 Arena also continued to make strategic investments in personnel and infrastructure. Most notably, the company brought on industry veteran Steve Chalgren as its new vice president of product management and strategy. Chalgren, who brings deep domain expertise and a proven record of delivering tools that solve real problems, will focus on leading the Arena product team as they continue to develop easy-to-use solutions that help small and mid-size manufacturers succeed. On the infrastructure side, Arena doubled its storage capacity at its primary and backup data centers to support the projected growth of its customer base.
Also in Q3 2010, Arena surpassed its 99.5% service level agreement for the 18th consecutive quarter, with 99.99% scheduled uptime in Q3 2010 and a continued focus on delivering the most secure and reliable collaborative BOM and change management solution available.