Arena PLM Adoption Spreads Across Diverse Industries
Prominent OEMs Choose On-Demand Solution to Improve Management of Product Data and Economically Scale Businesses
Foster City, Calif., March 9, 2004 — Arena Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of on-demand product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions, today announced select new customers in diverse industries, demonstrating increased momentum for the rapidly deployed Arena PLM solution. Companies in consumer products, network management, power systems, wireless systems, industrial equipment, and automotive supply are among those announced, including:
- First Alert®, a leading provider of home safety products;
- Sirius Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI), known for delivering the very best in commercial-free music and premium sports programming to cars and homes across the country;
- Packeteer® (NASDAQ: PKTR), a leading provider of application traffic management systems;
- Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR - TSX: SW), a global leader in communications solutions for mobile professionals;
- Durakon Industries, the world's leading producer of pickup truck bedliners;
- Radio Systems Corporation, a leader in innovative pet products under the PetSafe brand name;
- GameTech International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMTC), a leading supplier of electronic gaming equipment;
- Mechanical Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:MKTY), dedicated to developing and commercializing new technologies in the fields of micro fuel cells and non-contact precision instrumentation;
- Neptune Technology Group Inc., a leading provider of data collection systems and water measurement products; and
- Valence Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: VLNC), a leader in the development and commercialization of Saphion™ technology and Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable batteries.
These category-leading manufacturers chose the on-demand Arena PLM solution because of its immediate ROI and significant functional and economic advantages over client/server PLM systems and manual processes. Arena PLM enables manufacturers to reduce errors in communication and speed time to market as their businesses grow by providing a secure, collaborative online environment where they can selectively share product data and changes with contract manufacturers and offshore partners.
“Prior to Arena PLM, we managed bills of materials on a homegrown system,” said Sandy Hughes, director of IT for Radio Systems Corporation. “It was laborious and inaccessible outside of our corporate office, and we knew it wouldn't scale as our business grew. We needed a system that was easy for our engineers, planners, and offshore partners to use anywhere in the world. We evaluated three systems and chose Arena PLM. It had all the functionality we needed and offered the best economic value. Within the first month, our offshore partners were on the system and we saw a return on our investment.”
“Arena’s on-demand PLM solution offers a demonstrably faster ROI than traditional client-server applications,” commented Bill Robertson, chief operating officer for Arena Solutions. “A growing number of manufacturers now realize they can reap the benefits of PLM without the cost of new hardware and software installations, and with a minimal initial investment and virtually no downtime for training. In the past year we have seen tremendous sales growth with customers in a variety of industries, a trend we expect to accelerate through 2004.”
About Arena Solutions
For over a decade, Arena has been redefining PLM with a suite of cloud applications that enable engineering, manufacturing and their extended supply chains to work better together—from first prototype to full-scale production. Arena helps innovative manufacturers bring better products to market faster with cloud PLM offerings that speed prototyping, reduce scrap and help manufacturers collaborate on product changes with strategic partners across the globe.
Arena cloud PLM products simplify bill of materials (BOM) and change management, and offer manufacturers the right balance of flexibility and control—at every point in the product lifecycle. PartsList and PDXViewer are lightweight single-user applications that allow manufacturers to move quickly and efficiently while designing, documenting and sharing a prototype. When scaling to production and beyond, the Arena core application provides full PLM functionality so manufacturers can control revisions, manage the engineering change process and selectively share accurate, up-to-date BOMs with partners, suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Founded in February 2000, Arena Solutions is headquartered in Foster City, California.
To learn more about Arena Solutions:
- Visit the Arena Solutions website.
- Read the Arena blog on product design, development and manufacturing.
- Follow @arenasolutions on Twitter.
- Follow Arena on LinkedIn.