bom.com Appoints Research Scientist Sean Callahan to its Advisory Board
Foster City, Calif., Aug 13 - bom.com, the first company to provide a web-native application for managing the product development design chain, announced today that research scientist Sean Callahan has joined its advisory board.
“We are thrilled to have Sean join our advisory board,” said Michael Topolovac, chief executive officer and president at bom.com. “He is one of the leading applied researchers studying product development automation software worldwide. Sean’s technical expertise and deep knowledge will be immensely valuable as we develop additional functionality and make our application the definitive framework for product definition and development.”
“Sean is one of the industry's best thinkers about release processes, variety management, and the tie between manufacturing and design,” said Wayne Collier, president of Engineering, Manufacturing and Design at D.H. Brown Associates, a market-research firm. “His innovative insights, including the concept of ‘physical architecture’ and ‘reuse without modularity’ sift and synthesize successful industry practices spanning years of deployment, and lay a foundation for deep and long-term excellence in product definition solutions.”
Callahan brings more than 14 years of research and experience in design automation, distributed computing and manufacturing processes. As an associate technical fellow at Boeing, the largest aerospace company in the world, he currently focuses on applied aerospace research, specifically complex data modeling and simulation. Previously, he was a research assistant at the California Institute of Technology and also performed operational work at John Fluke Manufacturing. Callahan holds a Ph.D. and masters degrees in physics from the California Institute of Technology and a bachelor of sciences degree in physics from the University of Washington. He has a black belt in karate and lives in Bellevue, Washington, with his wife and three children.
In addition to Callahan, the advisory board for bom.com comprises experts and practitioners in the fields of collaborative commerce, online software and product development. Members include (in alphabetical order):
- Dave Beach, Director, MSE Program, Stanford University
- Dan Bomze, Managing Director, Innovation Arbitrage
- Bob Epstein, Co-Founder, Sybase
- Paul Lansky, Senior Vice President, Sales Training & Development, Exodus Communications
- Doug Marinaro, Vice President, Marketing, Toolwire
- Rick Neely, Senior Vice-President, Chief Financial Officer, Alventive
- Bill Robertson, Group Director, Research & Development, Cadence
- Kashif Shan, Vice President, Human Resources, AuctionWatch.com
- Nikki Tanis, President, Tanis Communications Inc.
- Tien Tzuo, Director, Product Management, Salesforce.com